Yes I am back from Seattle! We had a really great time there in various outreach and promotional events. But that's not why I'm writing.... my roommate Laura and I just went for a nice walk in the beautiful weather here in Vancouver to the library near my home and I signed out 4 Asterix & Obelix comic books!! It reminds me of when I was a kid... Mom would take us to the library in town and my siblings and I would always race to see if there were any volumes on the shelves. They always seemed to be signed out so we had to write our names on the waiting list... but man... did we love those comics. My brothers are starting to collect them... and it's a beautiful thing really. Such a brilliant and classic part of my childhood and I'd imagine it is the same for other people too. Cheers in tribute to Asterix!
Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.
Tuesday, 3 April 2007
Childhood Memories
Yes I am back from Seattle! We had a really great time there in various outreach and promotional events. But that's not why I'm writing.... my roommate Laura and I just went for a nice walk in the beautiful weather here in Vancouver to the library near my home and I signed out 4 Asterix & Obelix comic books!! It reminds me of when I was a kid... Mom would take us to the library in town and my siblings and I would always race to see if there were any volumes on the shelves. They always seemed to be signed out so we had to write our names on the waiting list... but man... did we love those comics. My brothers are starting to collect them... and it's a beautiful thing really. Such a brilliant and classic part of my childhood and I'd imagine it is the same for other people too. Cheers in tribute to Asterix!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I remember when I was a child I cried a lot and yelled in spanish.
But we used to have a cat named asterix, my mom's favorite comic series.
Hi from us in Arnhem, Holland. I was showing Laurie your blog and she says that she also likes Obelix and Asterix. She reads them in Dutch. I guess those two guys are "world famous"
CHEERS!
i don't remember doing this....
Hey it's been forever!! I haven't heard from or of you for so long! It's great to see that you are working at the things that you love though... hockey and God! It was nice to read you site and see that you are happy and living in Beautiful British Columbia.
Rachel Olson (Andrus)
Hey it's been forever!! I haven't heard from or of you for so long! It's great to see that you are working at the things that you love though... hockey and God! It was nice to read you site and see that you are happy and living in Beautiful British Columbia.
Rachel Olson (Andrus)
Post a Comment