Pages

Sunday, 11 August 2013

Building Momentum

In August 2007, in the Czech Republic, this happened.  That was only the beginning. 

Then in December 2010, in Slovakia, this happened.  

June 2013 presented yet another opportunity to connect with Eastern European female players in St. John's, Newfoundland.  

And now, August 2013, it's time for another adventure. I'm off this week to Eastern Europe with Athletes in Action for the third time.  There are 4 of us going this time around:

-Chelsa from Regina - my "partner in crime" when it comes to women's hockey ministry... except there's nothing criminal about what we do.  :)
-Laura from Regina - a 17 year old who was formerly coached by Chelsa.
-Liz from Vancouver - another 17 year old whom I have coached for the last 3 years.  I also live in her family's basement.
-Me.

I love how God uses the platform of hockey, something I love so much, to work in people's lives.  And this trip is a culmination of the previous trips.  We've been building to this, and we hope to continue with more momentum for future trips.  We want to see God work in the lives of female hockey players.  He's opened doors for us in Slovakia so we're taking steps of faith in that direction.


Some of the Slovak girls in St. John's.  Martina (with bandana) is our contact in Slovakia.

Please pray for us.  Pray for team unity.  Pray for health and safety.  Pray for our luggage to make it.  Pray for God to be moving in the hearts of those we encounter, and our own hearts too.

We have a team blog for our time there so please keep up with us at:
http://womensslovakiahockeytour.blogspot.ca/

No comments: