Pages

Sunday, 10 April 2011

Esso Fun Day

About a month ago, I helped with something called Esso Fun Day, hosted by the Vancouver Angels girls hockey association.  The day was entirely sponsored by Esso in order to give young girls the chance to try hockey for free.  All the gear was borrowed from young girls already in the association and there were over 70 girls in attendance ranging from age 4-15.  I helped with the on-ice sessions for the day, focusing on the newest skaters.  It was quite the event with it's fair share of "organized chaos" but overall a great success.   Here are some pictures I borrowed from the website.

Getting ready to go on the ice.
The Chariot.
These two didn't want to do anything with the group, so I paired them up for The Chariot and that's all they did for the next 10-15 min.
Jay and I working with the newest skaters.
So cute!
The Vancouver Angels cheer at the end.
Gotta love her smile.
Some of them needed a little encouragement to leave the safety of the bench.
Discussing ice management with other coaches.
I chuckled to myself when I saw this girl's skates.

4 comments:

jaxbishop said...

nothing like tiny little hockey players in over-sized jerseys to bring a smile to your face.

Mom said...

Oh, so cute and I am sure you fell in love with them all!

Mike said...

Super boomsies! HA, little sausages! Proud of you

C M Shange said...

so the question is... were you chuckling at her skates because you were jealous?