Pages

Saturday, 31 July 2010

Two Thousand and Road Trip

As the title of this post would indicate, I am going on a road trip.  For quite some time now I've been thinking about driving across Canada.  Now, it's not quite across Canada, but pretty close and there are a few American stops as well.  Here's the plan between August 8th and approximately September 6/7/8.

Kelowna, BC
Calgary, AB
Saskatoon, SK
Regina, SK
Pinawa, MB
Minneapolis, MN
Chicago, IL
Grand Rapids, MI
Detroit, MI
Alliston, ON
Toronto, ON
Montreal, QC
Quebec City, QC
Ottawa, ON
Thunder Bay, ON
Winnipeg, MB
Caronport, SK
Lacombe, AB
Vancouver, BC

To see a map of the trip (I like maps) click here.  In total, the trip will be over 11, 000 kms! 

Of course I cannot do this by myself so my friend Hannah will be joining me for the entire trip.  As well, my little sister Heidi will join us between Kelowna and Calgary,  and we are picking up our friend Marie in Montreal and bringing her back to Vancouver to staff YWAM Vancouver's DTS in October.

Some of the stops are simply to visit family or friends.  Some of them are more activity focused:  in Kelowna I will be helping coach at a YWAM Hockey camp and in Pinawa we will be joining a YWAM Canada gathering called the "Rendezvous."  We will also be camping along the way in certain places.

One of the biggest reasons I am doing this is to spend some time in prayer and thought about my life in general, which will likely include looking back on the last few years and looking ahead to what's next.  I am REALLY looking forward to it.  I am still in YWAM and have no plans to leave at this point in time, but this will be a much needed break... a sabbatical if you will.

So please pray: for safety on the road and for God to be with us and around us and speaking to us.

As you can imagine there is some financial investment in order for this to happen so if you would like to give, you can click on the link in the sidebar for instructions about giving tax-deductible donations.

Hopefully I will be posting more stories and pictures from the road!  Stay tuned.... *tire squeal*

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Oh I feel so honored that I get to join you on your trip... :)

just for jokes, but seriously.

1-2-3-go!