Pages

Thursday, 10 June 2010

I'm waiting for something.  I feel like it's on the brink.  Just over the horizon.  Like waiting at the station for a train and you know it's coming in the next few minutes.

There's faith in that.  It's reliable.  You know the train is coming.  You are confident.  It's just not quite there yet.
I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.  
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.

Psalm 27:13-14
I've been reading Mere Christianity by CS Lewis.  Such a great book and I am continually impressed by this great man who wrote it.  In the preface of the book he describes many options being like many rooms behind doors in a long hallway.  It says:
I am sure God keeps no one waiting unless He sees that it is good for him to wait.  When you do get into your room you will find that the long wait has done you some kind of good which you would not have had otherwise.  But you must regard it as waiting, not as camping.  You must keep on praying for light.
I am eager to see what comes over the horizon.  What kind of light it will be.

2 comments:

The Durhams said...

You can spend the time waiting in the TJ border line :)

Krista said...

oh man, that would be fantastic. and props to you for the first comment on my blog in a very long time!