Pages

Saturday, 29 August 2009

Time

It's August 29, 2009. I feel like I blinked and 2008 was here just a second ago.

Does time go by faster the older you get? I've heard it does.

And I think it does. I'm going to be 25 in a few months here and I don't think I've ever seen a year go by as fast as it did this year, and I think I said the same thing last year. Ha. Seriously. How is that possible? Is it because I'm having more fun? Am I losing brain cells with age and things seem to be more of a blur? What is it?

*shrugs*

It's been a good year. A happy year. Lots of good changes. Some of those changes were hard at first, but have turned out to be really good. God is faithful.

Anyway, enough reflection. I haven't written a blogpost for a while. I'm sitting here next to my pal Brenna on what used to be the cube but is now the rectangle serving as Brenna's bed, chillin' like villains, putzing around on our laptops and watching random TV shows. We just got back from a fantastic 2 day camping blitz of the Oregon coast. Beautiful place. Check it out:


Perhaps one of the most memorable moments was when we climbed a giant sand mountain in Pacific City with our friends Hannah and Danielle. It was quite the steep incline and we decided to run down... I have short legs and as I ran, my feet sank deeper into the sand with my gathering momentum, and I eventually could not pick them up high enough... resulting in my giant faceplant into the sand. I wish we had video of it. But we don't. Instead I have a video of us climbing the giant sand mountain:



In other news, before Oregon I was in Alberta to drive tractors and be the maid of honour in Christy's wedding. Her and her man, Mthoko, were already married in South Africa in July but came to Alberta to have a Canadian wedding. It was a privilege to be there for it:

The summer is over and a new season, literally and figuratively, is coming. We have a different focus at YWAM Vancouver as we really concentrate on the Olympic outreach now. Friends are coming and going. Relationships are changing. Hockey is starting up again with most likely new faces on our team.

Time goes on. And time will tell how it all turns out.

No comments: