The DTS lecture phase is over. The students and 2 staff have left for outreach and I am enjoying a much needed break. I'm home in Alberta for about 2.5 weeks and it's nice to watch my parents' new HD television (ideal for watching hockey especially now that the World Junior Championships are on), eat way too much food that I don't have to cook myself, play PS2, hit the outdoor skating rinks, sleep in, drive the quad, play with our dog Max, drink coffee with friends and family.... and not feel guilty about any of it!
January will bring much change. A new role within YWAM. A new housing situation with my roommates moving out. And knowing that I don't always handle change very well, I hope that it will bring new joy, new perspective, new strength, new appreciation of the small things, new stability, and new friendships.
Funny how the year's end can make you so introspective... :)
I would like to draw your attention to the sidebar with the list of cities I've visited in 2008. Crazy. I love to travel!
I hope you had a very happy Christmas and all the best to you in 2009! Catch you on the flip side.
3 comments:
you never made it to Calgary in 2008?
I don't think I did! I was only in Alberta for a total of like 6 days all year until Christmas! Never even flew into Calgary! Wow. I added Edmonton though just today... Space and Science Center fun times. I've hardly been in Alberta at all.
You got Dad's favorite song on, but none for me to vote on!
Post a Comment