Pages

Friday, 20 June 2008

Conflict.

How do I learn to embrace mistakes, learn from them, and apply that to my life? I'm someone who's always looked at OTHER people's mistakes and learned from them, but I don't seem to learn from my own. I am a perpetual screw-up in many ways. I used to think I was good at conflict resolution but I don't know anymore...

This post might seem vague and obscure and I apologize. I'm taking a risk in even writing this as I try to keep my blog "reader-friendly" and a light-hearted place. But I just wanted to bear a little bit of what I'm feeling. Maybe by saying it "out loud" in a blog will help me be better at it and fix it.

Conflict can be a very good thing... if it's resolved in the right ways. You can learn a lot from conflict... about yourself and the other party involved. And I still believe all that. But since I seem to be sucking at conflict resolution lately, I'm not learning anything from conflict when it happens. Maybe I've just stopped trying to resolve conflict and resigned to the fact that it's happening which just makes me angry.

But here's the upside. I know that I am capable of good conflict resolution so that is what I will hold onto. I believe in myself and I have hope that it will be better. Time will tell. I think that's why if something stands the "test of time" as we like to say, it means it's accomplished a large feat. Time always tells.

Thanks for allowing me to write this post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

conflict does suck. i'll pray for you as you journey both the road and life.
love you, girl.