I just feel like typing.
I accidentally squished a slug tonight with my finger. That was gross. I hate slugs. Spiders don't freak me out. Snakes are cool. Bathroom talk and farm animal stories and weird foods: no problem. But slugs? There's something a bit unnatural about them. I know God made them and everything... but still.... they are freakishly slimy and gross and smelly when they rot. I know that cuz one got stuck on my shoe once and it was disgusting. Anyway, the little slime-maker was on one of the boxes that was put outside for recycling and when I grabbed the box tonight I gooshed him. It was gross. That's all there is to it. I went to wash off the slime and it would NOT come off. Seriously. Ew. I eventually scrubbed my hands with salt to get the goo off. Yeah. I know. Terrifying.
The Oilers are out of the playoffs. Sad. They gave it a good run but a loss to the stupid Flames yesterday was the end of it all. I was sad. Not too sure who I'll cheer for now. *sigh* This is the only time of year that I care to watch the NHL and my Oilers didn't pull it off.
Celine Dion is coming to Vancouver in October. Yup. This isn't something I like to broadcast, but I'm stepping out and taking a leap here by saying that I enjoy her music and would consider myself a fan. Yes most people laugh when they hear that I enjoy Celine Dion. But c'mon people: look at the talent it takes to hold a note like she can. It's spine-shivering sometimes. So she's coming here the week before my birthday and I want to go. Getting a hold on some tickets could be an issue but I'm gonna look into it...
So I'm in a bit of a random mood tonight. Went to see Ari Neufeld play at Cafe Deux Soleil on the Drive tonight. That was a kick-butt little show. Ari is the son of a YWAM colleague/leader here in Vancouver and he's pretty talented with a guitar and a stompbox and a few bells strapped to his knees. I was introduced to the coolness that is a stompbox tonight. I'd never seen that before: someone playing guitar and creating a percussion beat with his feet on a little box on the stage. And Ari rocked that little stompbox. I loved it.
My roommate Laura started a music and movie review blog (and I'm proud to say that it was partly my idea...haha) and I LOVE it. You should all read it. Some of our friends will also be adding to it and who knows maybe one day I'll contribute as well. If I ever just feel like typing again...
No comments:
Post a Comment