Pages

Saturday, 20 October 2007

What am I doing these days?

I haven't posted about my life in a while other than some random stories here and there so here's a bit about what's up with me.

We as YWAM Hockey are in the midst of running our second-ever Hockey DTS (Discipleship Training School) in conjunction with YWAM Vancouver's Drive DTS. Most of the activities in the schedule are done together (lectures, worship & intercession times, work duties, community outreaches) but the hockey school splits off for it's own on- and off-ice training throughout the week. The hockey school consists of 7 guys: Wesley (North Carolina), Brian (Michigan), Chad (Ontario), Travis (BC), Alex (Alberta), Dare (Alberta), and Matt (Nova Scotia, he's a goaltender!). The Drive school is made up of 8 guys and 7 girls from Canada, the USA, New Zealand, Australia, England, Northern Ireland, Switzerland, Germany, and South Korea. As you can see, it's quite a mix of nationalities and I love every bit of it.


I am a full time leader for the DTS, along with many other members of YWAM staff. I attend all activities with the hockey school including their on- and off-ice training, help lead a co-ed small group, and have one-on-one weekly meetings with 2 of the girls from the Drive school. It's enough to keep me quite busy, and discipleship isn't something from which I get a break! It's a full time responsibility. So far we as staff have thoroughly enjoyed meeting and getting to know all the students, and have seen spiritual growth in many of them already. We will continue in our lecture phase of the school until Christmas, after which we will split off for our 2 months of outreach. The hockey school will go to Russia, and the Drive school will split into 2 teams, one to Malaysia and the other to Indonesia.

On top of all my responsibilities throughout the week, I am also playing for the Killarney Knights, the women's hockey team I played for last year. Most of my ice times with them are on weekends so it's nice to be able to play some games and play with other women! And something that's been really encouraging (that came to a culmination today) is the coach wants me to be on the team for the entire season even though I'll be away for January and February. I have been totally blessed with support from the head coach of this team. Last year he was the assistant coach, and now he's taken over the head coaching position and it looks like it's going to be a better season than last year. He is a very good coach and he's expressed his appreciation for me as a person and a player. It's awesome to be able to build these relationships in the community. Praise God for that!

I will admit that I copied/pasted/edited this from my most recent update email... *snicker* Sometimes it's just easier that way. For those of you who don't get my updates but would like to just let me know... leave a comment or get my email from my profile. If you think you should be getting my updates but haven't seen one lately, check your spam or junk mailbox. Sometimes they end up in there... just a hint...

Ok... it's Saturday and I'm going to relax...

1 comment:

Jeri said...

haha! Oh Christa, i love how you copied, pasted, then snickered at yourself. LOL, i miss your snicker!
I am SOOOO stoked for you to go to Russia again!! WOW.
I'm on the search for a basketball internship somewhere overseas that i can participate in, for my global studies final year, which will be abroad. So excited! (even though its four years away... whoa, that is SUCH a long time!!)
I'm loving bball here! It's such a blessing to have a Christian coach and teammates that support each other! We've lost all our games so far, but we've only played 2 different teams (and the second was third in all of CANADA!! Man, did i love guarding their star point guard - seriously! i loved every minute of it!)
anyway, I'm gonna go write a paper, but I love ya Christer!! God bless, and keep loving and giving wholeheartedly, cause you do it well!

Peace to the DTS crew, and Love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.(Ephesians 6:23)
Love Jer