Today I was doing my dishes at the kitchen sink and thoroughly enjoying Sarah McLachlan's new Christmas album "Wintersong" when the rain started to come down quite hard. Nothing new for Vancouver right? Right. But then there was a flash of lightning and I said to myself, "Did someone just take a picture in here?" The answer was no of course because I was home alone. I was very confused. Then came an enormous thunderclap, drowning out the smooth sounds of Sarah behind me. Christmas music + rain + thunderstorms... That is a whole new world to me. It was so strange because it never thunderstorms here. Sure we get rain... and a lot of it... but thunder? No. And oddly enough, that was it. One flash of lightning and one thunderclap. A few minutes later the rain slowed to a drizzle. Merry Christmas...? I guess... Bring me the snow!!!! Please!!!
Instead of the snow coming to me, I will go to it. I'll be heading back to Alberta in the next few days. My brother and I were supposed to drive out tomorrow morning but he was stuck in Holland for 2 days due to flight issues. He finally arrived back in Canada tonight, however, and we will be off either tomorrow or Saturday. It'll be good to see some snow at Christmas time. It just isn't the same here. Maybe I'll even milk some cows again when I get home. But that's only a maybe... It has been 4 months though...
1 comment:
Hey Krista
I saw it too and had the same thought - about the picture that is. Crazy. Have a fun Christmas.
Lorrain
Post a Comment